It's about that time of day - time for a tea break...

Time for tea...The best lifestyle, culture, beauty, fashion, food and drink in London, the UK and beyond - all in your tea break!

Monday 6 May 2013

Time for a real tea break

Not enough time for a tea break?!
Well, things have been so busy so far this year, that I have been neglecting to take regular tea breaks!  I've moved house (and now have a big kitchen to experiment in and my own proper garden - bliss!  So expect some new recipes and sunshine-filled garden posts on the horizon!)

I also had a wisdom tooth taken out, which meant I have been taking it easy, was stuck with very soft food and feeling a bit yucky for quite a while, so haven't been as adventurous as I would usually like to be on the food and drink front!  Although it did mean I consumed copious amounts of comfort food, like mashed potatoes and home-made gravy!  (And Yorkshire Puddings, once I was able to chew a little bit more!)

So I've been neglecting the poor Tea Break blog.  :(
And like buses, you wait for ages and several come along at once!  There's so much I want to write about at the moment - the many fun things to do in the beautiful Borough of Richmond, delightful new teas and tea-related activities that I've been trying out, and summer interior design - in the house and in the garden!

To try and fit everything in, I've been working on a new website for Tea With Rachael - watch this space for a tea time one-stop-shop with a mix of food, drink, fun, fashion, things to see and do and, of course, all things tea-related!

In the meantime, I have been trying some lovely new teas and exploring some fun things to see and do, particularly in and around Richmond and Twickenham.

Time for tea
English Garden tea - a proper cuppa!
Yesterday, I was feeling a bit under the weather, so I made a pot of English Garden's Special Reserve Assam.  I find that a good strong cup of black tea does wonders when you're feeling a bit below par, and this certainly did the trick!  The comforting, malty smell from the moment I poured the water over the leaves was so comforting.  It brewed beautifully, leaving me with a rich, deep-flavoured cuppa - exactly what I needed!  I savoured every drop and was very impressed - exactly the kind of blend I like, as I'm a big fan of strong black tea blends and always turn to these as my default/favourites!  I am also looking forward to trying their Empire Earl Grey later this afternoon - will let you know what it's like in my next feature, on my favourite Earl Grey blends.

Thought I'd give you a little preview of the next few posts, that should be on the new website very soon!

Coming soon...

  • Time for Tea - An afternoon with Earl Grey
  • Time for Tea - Afternoon Tea at the Four Seasons, Canary Wharf 
  • Out and About - Richmond Spring/Summer Special
  • Fit for Foodies - A gastronomic tour of Twickenham
  • Fit for Foodies - Foodies Festival 2013, Hampton Court
  • Kitchen Corner - Use by dates: recipes to make sure you use it all up!
  • Library Corner - Save the planet while catching up on your reading
  • Party Time! Fun party ideas for this summer

Until then, enjoy YOUR Bank Holiday tea break!

Rachael X

1 comment: