It's about that time of day - time for a tea break...

Time for tea...The best lifestyle, culture, beauty, fashion, food and drink in London, the UK and beyond - all in your tea break!

Sunday 8 April 2012

Smile - it's Easter!

Happy Easter everyone!  


The weather's miserable and it's nice to be tucked up indoors with the obligatory cup of tea, copious amounts of chocolate and comforting TV/the latest box set marathon!


Here's a few things I've seen on the TV that never fail to make me smile on a gloomy day - who needs sunshine?!


Electric Dreams...
The cute little creature on the current EDF advert makes me smile every time.  Never mind that it's for an energy company - this happy chappy just makes me want to dance along with him!


If you want a similar little friend for yourself, you can buy a My Keepon robot from Argos for around 18 pounds.  Not quite as cute, but just as fun - My Keepon


Pure happiness - for free...
Speaking of adverts that make me smile, I defy anyone not to feel warm and fuzzy after watching this very happy little lady splashing in the puddles - she doesn't mind some wet and gloomy weather, and no purchase necessary!


Everyone needs a furry friend...
Finally, for those of you similarly fond of furry creatures, try watching Ring of Bright Water - a beautiful film from the 60s with the incredibly charismatic Mij the otter!  


Based on the book by Gavin Maxwell, it tells the story of a Londoner who buys an otter at a London pet shop (anything was possible in the Swinging Sixties!) and moves out to the Scottish Highlands to write a book.  With stunning Scottish landscapes and the gorgeous Mij, the film is both funny and touching and, although there are some very weepy moments (don't want to spoil the story but there is a very sad bit near the end), Mij's antics always make me smile (and want my very own otter!)  


Enjoy!


 - Rachael

No comments:

Post a Comment