It's about that time of day - time for a tea break...

Time for tea...The best lifestyle, culture, beauty, fashion, food and drink in London, the UK and beyond - all in your tea break!

Tuesday 10 April 2012

Personal Shopper - Sunshine and Rainbows...add a dash of colour to your wardrobe

The sun was shining today - hooray!  


Despite a big thunderstorm this afternoon, I really enjoyed having some time off in the (intermittent) sunshine and made the most of a full day of shopping!


Bringing another little ray of sunshine to your life at the moment, there are plenty of lovely, colourful clothes in the shops.  Here's my edit of what I think are the nicest splashes of colour on the high street, ready to update your wardrobe for Spring/Summer 2012:


Yellow - conjuring up thoughts of sunshine, sunflowers, lemons, the Mediterranean...
There are lovely bags, both large and small to be found in LK Bennett (in shades of green and other bright colours as well as yellow), H&M, Boden, to name but just a few...  


The picture below is of a lovely big tote in the LK Bennett window in Kingston, Surrey:


(Note the cute LK Bennett pastel slingback shoes in the window too - pastels are of course another big trend, to be explored in another post!)


They also have some shiny patent belts in yellow (and the red version is in the sale!)  


Boden has a lovely sunflower-yellow bag and a "must-have bag" in a range of colours, including tomato red (which we'll come on to later...)


H&M currently has some nice satchel-style bags - I saw a bag in a lovely lemony shade of yellow today for £24.99 and there's a zingy orange messenger bag available online - a vibrant, citrus-like shade.


Which brings me on to the next sunny colour - orange...
There are lots of bright orange clothes and accessories about too - I particularly like the Next orange cotton jacket, which is also available in Petite sizes for petite people like me!   Would look great with black trousers or skirt, or jeans.


And the tuxedo-style jacket in Miss Selfridge is fun and affordable - would look great with some slim black trousers and a black vest top.


And for a special occasion (perfect for weddings, Christenings and other summery events), I am completely in love with this beautiful orange lace pleated dress (called "Butterfly" - how appropriate!) from Reiss.  


Red - traditionally the colour of power, confidence, and my favourite food - tomatoes!
Boden has some great choices in red too, depending on your chosen shade and size of bag - there are more traditional satchel styles and I also really like the Classic Colourful Tote.


Vivienne Westwood, as always, has some fantastic red bags like this beauty I was eyeing up today, and I fell head over heels (pun intended!) in love with a far less practical but oh-so fabulous pair of shoes today - Melissa for Vivienne Westwood Anglomania Skyscraper - 5-inch round-toed heels in beautiful, bright red!  Ah, trying not to drool into my tea...!


For high street bargains, head to New Look - they have a lovely 20s-inspired clutch (ticking the boxes for yet another trend...) for only £6.99 (yes, you did read that correctly!), and even that all-important iPad case by Fiorelli (available online).


Please don't step on my blue suede shoes...
Electric blue and turquoise are my favourite colours - have been ever since my teens - and I already have a lot of clothes and accessories in varying shades.  


There are lots of electric blue jeans, blouses etc on the high street, so you're really spoiled for choice is this is your chosen colour.  Gap, TopShop and Warehouse all have good ranges and there's something to suit all styles, shapes and sizes.  It's a colour that pretty much suits everyone, too.


I used to love my electric blue patent leather Kurt Geiger court shoes that lasted for many years, and haven't yet found a pair I like as much to buy as a replacement.  At long last, I spotted these blue suede shoes on Asos that may well fit the bill...


Happy shopping everyone! 


Rachael XX


Next time in Personal Shopper - metallics and pastels...


Coming up next - The Beauty Spot and What's On...

No comments:

Post a Comment